Orly Shani shows how to elevate your average lamp into a naturally beautiful one.
- Pink Himalayan rock salt, 2 boxes
- Lamp, preferably with flat surfaces
- Spray paint
- Color change bulb
DIY Rock Salt Lamps - Home & Family
- Spray paint the lamp if necessary. Allow to dry.
- Lay out all the rocks and pick the shades you want to showcase, the color ranges from dark mauve to baby pink.
- Rinse the rocks to remove any excess dust, allow them to dry.
- Arrange about 10-15 rocks on the front of the lamp. Lay the lamp down face up then place.
- Glue the rocks down. Place large rocks first, then little ones to fill any holes. Glue as you go. When the front is finished, let it dry overnight. Pro tip: if you need smaller pieces of rock, wrap some rocks in a towel then break up with a hammer.
- Flip the lamp over and repeat the same process on the back side. Allow to dry overnight.
- Flip the lamp on its side, arrange and glue rock salt pieces on. Allow to dry overnight.
- Flip the lamp on to the other side arrange then glue the rock salt pieces down. Allow to dry overnight.
- Plug in and enjoy! Pro tip: use a color changing bulb to pump up the pink aspect!