Tamera Mowry-Housley is taking reindeer munch, one of the sweetest treats for the holiday, and taking it to the next level by making an adorable elf boot to put the treat inside.
DIY Reindeer Munch Elf Shoe Bins
DIY Reindeer Munch Elf Shoe Bins - Home & Family
- Provided shoe template pdf (Download here)
- Felt in two desired Christmas colors
- 1” jingle bells
- Paper snack bags that are about 3” x 4” x 8” in size
- Fabric chalk or marker
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Fabri-tac or sewing machine
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Transparent tape
- Moose Munch (Download the recipe here)
- Print out the template on tile setting, cut it out and tape it together. (Download template here)
- Trace the templates onto the corresponding colors of felt with chalk or fabric marker.
- Cut out each piece of felt to shape and size.
- With the piece for the body of the shoe lying open flat, glue the trim on. Glue it so that you have two inches to fold over the top onto the backside, secure on the back with glue. PRO TIP: If you are comfortable sewing, go ahead and sew wherever glue is supposed to be applied.
- Fold the body of the elf shoe together so that the sides align with the pointed edge of the trim on the inside of the fold. Glue along the curved edge of the top of the shoe first, leaving the very top of the boot shaft open and around to curl of the tip of the shoe with about 1” to the bottom left open. Allow the glue to dry.
- Glue the sole onto to body of the shoe. Open up the bottom of the body of the shoe and glue the sole onto the inner edge, start by adhering the narrow-pointed end of the sole to where the curl of the shoe starts.
- If gluing, set aside for 24 hours to allow the glue to set.
- Flip the shoe right side out and poke out all of the corners and folds of the seam with a blunt, narrow object like the eraser end of a pencil.
- Use hot glue to attach the jingle bell to the tip of the curl on the shoe.
- Repeat steps 1-10 to create as many elf shoe bins as needed.
- Place the snack bag inside, fill with Moose Munch and enjoy!