Orly Shani is making her own placemats using a quilt and pom-pom trim.
- 1 quilt
- sewing machine
- fabric scissors
- Fabric glue (Fabri-Tac works well) chalk or tape
- pom-pom trim
1. Measure your quilt to decide which way you should cut the fabric. You want to get as many 12x18 pieces as possible.
2. Draw lines on quilt with chalk or tape them off. Use a see-thru quilting ruler for accuracy.
3. Cut fabric. With a sewing machine, close seams with a zigzag stitch, using the “zigzag” setting on your machine. Sew all edges.
4. Take you pom-pom trim and glue strips around the placemat to make a border.
5. Use extra fabric glue around any frayed edges to seal in the frays and to prevent future fraying.
*Purchase plastic placemat sleeves to protect quilted placemats, if desired.