- Plywood cut to 4’3” (they will cut this at your local hardware stores)
- PVC pipes ranging in size in diameter from small to large (You can also have your local hardware store cut them for you, have them cut them in size to about 2.5”-3” long
- Painters Tape
- Tape measure
- Spray paint (color of your choosing, I’m using metallic silver)
- Brown acrylic paint (or house paint, whatever you have lying around the house)
- Paint brush or roller
- Hot glue gun w/glue sticks
- Sand paper (any grit is fine, I used 80 grit)
- Picture hanging hardware
- Drop cloth or butcher’s paper
- Christmas ornaments
1: Paint the large piece of plywood your desired color. I am painting mine a neutral brown (I can get you the exact color when I pick it up)
2: Once the plywood piece is dry, turn it over to attach the picture-hanging hardware.
3: Sand the pieces of PVC lightly. This will assure that the spray paint will adhere to the PVC.
4: Take your spray paint and spray both inside and outside the pipe.
5: Set aside to dry. Depending on climate, you may need to set aside for up to 24 hours to dry completely.
6: Take your pencil and tape measure on your dried plywood. Mark the top and bottom centers with your pencil.
7: Mark with a pencil where you want the top of the tree, bottom of the tree, and sides of the tree. If you would like a tree trunk, leave ample space below the tree for that. Same applies for a star at the top of the tree!
8: Follow these pencil guides with painter’s tape and tape the outline of your tree.
9: Take your PVC pieces and start arranging them within the painter’s tape outline.
10: Use hot glue on the bottom of each PVC piece and secure into place. Continue this step until all of your tree is complete.
11: Remove painter’s tape
12: Add any homemade or store-bought ornaments
13: Hang and enjoy!