Here's a fun game to get you ready for fall, pumpkin tic-tac-toe! The fun part about making this game is you can get as crafty as you want with the colors and glitter.
DIY Pumpkin Tic Tac Toe Board
- Wood for board – A craft sheet of ¼” plywood. Have your local hardware store cut the wood for you.
- Wood glue
- Nail gun
- Brown paint
- 10 pumpkins from craft store
- Gold and Silver spray paint
- Any accent glitter that you would like to use
- Mod podge
- Blue painter’s tape
- 2 cardboard boxes
- Utility knife
- Take your wood and cut it to size (or have your hardware store cut the pieces for you)
- Take the four largest pieces of wood and create the box structure by adding wood glue and securing it into place with a nail gun.
- Add wood glue to the bottom and sides of the internal pieces of the box. Notch parts of the wood out so that it fits over the other cross pieces.
- Paint the entire box brown
- Take two separate cardboard boxes and turn them over.
- With your utility knife, make a small “x” where you will put the stems of the pumpkins in.
- Before you put in the pumpkins, cover the stem with blue painters tape.
- Turn the pumpkins over and push the stems through the x so that none of the pumpkin is touching the box.
- Add your color of spray paint – 5 gold and 5 silver
- Let pumpkins dry.
- Remove from cardboard box and remove the painter’s tape.
- Add a thin layer of mod podge to the top half of the pumpkin.
- Immediately sprinkle your glitter on the top half of the pumpkins and set aside to dry.
- Voila! You are done! Add the pumpkins to the board and start playing, Autumn style!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page