- Wood for board – A craft sheet of ¼” plywood. Have your local hardware store cut the wood for you.
- Wood glue
- Nail gun
- Brown paint
- 10 pumpkins from craft store
- Gold and Silver spray paint
- Any accent glitter that you would like to use
- Mod podge
- Blue painter’s tape
- 2 cardboard boxes
- Utility knife
1) Take your wood and cut it to size (or have your hardware store cut the pieces for you)
2) Take the four largest pieces of wood and create the box structure by adding wood glue and securing it into place with a nail gun.
3) Add wood glue to the bottom and sides of the internal pieces of the box. Notch parts of the wood out so that it fits over the other cross pieces.
4) Paint the entire box brown
5) Take two separate cardboard boxes and turn them over.
6) With your utility knife, make a small “x” where you will put the stems of the pumpkins in.
7) Before you put in the pumpkins, cover the stem with blue painters tape
8) Turn the pumpkins over and push the stems through the x so that none of the pumpkin is touching the box.
9) Add your color of spray paint – 5 gold and 5 silver
10) Let pumpkins dry.
11) Remove from cardboard box and remove the painter’s tape.
12) Add a thin layer of mod podge to the top half of the pumpkin.
13) Immediately sprinkle your glitter on the top half of the pumpkins and set aside to dry.
14) Voila! You are done! Add the pumpkins to the board and start playing, Autumn style!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page