Celebrate the season with Maria “Pumpkin Spice” Provenzano’s DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte Candles.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte Candles
- Wax chips in white
- Wax chips or crayons in brown and orange
- Pumpkin spice and or pumpkin spice essential oil
- Instant espresso coffee
- Candle wicks
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Candle wax melting pot
- Stirring utensil for wax
- Vinyl letters or cricut and vinyl
To Create the Whipped Cream Topping:
- White wax chips
- Hand mixer
- Microwavable glass bowl
- Piping bag or plastic baggie with tip cut out of corner
- Carrot peeler
- To melt the wax, heat up some water in a pot on the stove and melt the white wax chips in the wax burner by placing the melting pot into the hot water. Stir periodically.
- Add the color. Pour in the brown and orange wax chips a little bit at a time while stirring. The color of the melted wax should be at least 2-3 shades darker than what you desire, it will lighten when it dries. PRO TIP: use crayon shavings in place of colorful wax chips.
- Now add in the fragrance. Pour in desired amounts of coffee, pumpkin spice spices and pumpkin spice essential oil. Do this little bits at a time so you don’t over scent the candles.
- Place the wick into the bottom of mug for candle. Use a dab of hot glue to secure in place. Allow to dry.
- Pour the wax into the mug and place two popsicle sticks on either side of the wick to keep it centered.
To Create The Whipped Cream Topping:
- Melt the wax chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stir in between if necessary. Continue until it’s almost melted completely, but not 100%.
- Next, take a hand whisk or mixer and whisk the wax. Pour it into a piping bag and add your whipped topping to the candle. PRO TIP: If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a plastic baggie, just cut one of the bottom corners off.
- To finish it off, take a crayon and carrot peeler and add shavings!
- Add a phrase to the candle with vinyl decal if desired. Gift or light and enjoy!