- Fabric Scissors
- Jewelry Wire
- Needle (optional)
- Fabric glue (optional)
1. Draw your pattern onto butcher paper or craft paper.
2. Cut out 2 pieces of your fabric & place them on top of each other. Make sure that the finished side of the fabric (or the side of the fabric you’d like to be seen) is inward to each other.
3. Using chalk draw your pattern on, then cut it out.
4. Sew your pattern together face to face, leaving the bottom open.
5. Once you’re done sewing stick your hand inside & turn it inside out so the pretty side of the fabric is outward.
6. Stuff your pillow & then hand sew the bottom closed.
7. Now it’s time to create your ribs in the pumpkin.
8. Using needle & yarn thread in and out of your pumpkin from the top divot to the bottom divot. Do this for the left side & the right side. If you prefer to use no needle & thread another option is to take a piece of yarn & wrap it around the pillow tightly to create a rib. Then tie a bow on the back. Do that on the left side & the right side.
9. To create the stem you will take about 40 pieces of yarn. Take one piece of yarn & tape it to the table so you have something holding it while you work on it. Fold it over & then separate the yarn into 3 sections then braid them together.
10. Once braided take your jewelry wire & maneuver the wire through the stem to make it stand up. (make sure youre wire is long enough stil stick down half way through the pillow.
11. Lastly just poke your wire into the pillow at the top & you’re done!