J. Pickens has a creative new way to create pumpkins out of crates.
DIY Pumpkin Crates
DIY PUMPKIN CRATE MATERIALS:
- Apple crates
- Paint in brown and orange
- Birchwood piece
- Faux leaf vines
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Staple gun and staples
DIY PUMPKIN CRATE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Sand any rough edges, spots or corners on the crates down with some sandpaper.
- Paint the crates orange. Allow to dry.
- Detail the pumpkin crate with a dry brush of brown paint. Lightly dip the paintbrush into the brown paint and apply wispy, light strokes in the direction of the woodgrain with the brush. Allow to dry.
- Add the stem to the top of the pumpkin crate. Hot glue a piece of birchwood in the center of the top side of the crate.
- Finish off the pumpkin crate with some faux leaves, staple them in place around the stem with a staple gun.
- If you want, turn the crate open side out and place a pumpkin in! Repeat steps 1-6 on as many crates as desired.
- Decorate with the pumpkin crates and enjoy!