Orly Shani creates decorative pillows that look like presents under the Christmas Tree.
DIY PRESENT PILLOWS
DIY Present Pillows - Home & Family
DIY PRESENT PILLOWS MATERIALS:
- Fabric marker or chalk
- Fabric scissors
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine and thread
- Pillow stuffing
- Needle and thread
DIY PRESENT PILLOWS:
- Cut six identical square pieces of fabric. To create a perfect square, fold the corner of the fabric into a triangle to create your first perfect square piece. The length of one edge of the fold is the measurement you need to recreate the squares.
- Sew two sets of squares together along one edge. Place the fabric right side together, pin one side and sew. Repeat with the other set of squares.
- Unfold the two sets of sewn squares, pin the un-sewn ends together with the fabric face to face and sew each of the un-sewn edges together to create the body of the present pillow.
- Sew the bottom square onto the side of the cube. Pin one side of the top square together, sew together. Pin the next side of the bottom square, sew together. Repeat with the final two sides.
- Attach the top square to the top other end of the cube with the same process as step 4 but leave a few inches open for stuffing.
- Turn the pillow right side out and push your fingers into the corners to make sure they are crisp.
- Stuff the pillow with pillow stuffing.
- Hand sew the opening closed with a needle and thread using a ladder stitch also known as an invisible stitch.
- Tie the ribbon in a bow around to finish the present pillow and enjoy!