- Sharp kitchen knife (adults only, please!)
- Cookie cutters
- Slice a potato in half lengthwise.
- Press cookie cutter firmly into the potato.
- Break excess potato away from the cookie cutter using your hands (and knife, if necessary) and remove potato shape.
- Paint one side of your potato "stamp."
- Press the stamp onto the canvas, paint side down. If you're left with gaps, fill in with paintbrush.
- Decorate away! Create lines or patterns with your stamp for a uniform look or let the kids go to town with splatter paint and fun freehand designs.
- Let it dry and you have a piece of art.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.