A gift perfect for pet lovers in your life.
DIY Plush Pet Keychains
DIY PLUSH PET KEYCHAINS MATERIALS:
- Printable sew-in fabric paper
- Fabric scissors
- Marker or chalk
- Pillow stuffing
- Popsicle stick or other long utensil to push down stuffing
- Clothespin or paper clip
- Embellishments like pom poms or gems
DIY PLUSH PET KEYCHAINS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Print photo of desired pet on the fabric paper and cut out with a ½” border around.
- Cut out 3 pieces of felt to the same size and shape, which should be ½” bigger than the photo but to the same shape. These felt pieces will create the keychain. One piece will be cut into the frame shape, one piece to glue the photo to and one piece for the back.
- Create the front felt frame piece, cut a hole out of the center that is just barely bigger than the size and shape of the photo, but not past the edge of the fabric paper. This will cover the edge of the fabric sheet, so it doesn’t fray and will add durability.
- Glue the photo to the center of one of the solid pieces of felt.
- Attach the photo to the back of the frame piece. Apply a thin line of fabric glue around the edge of the felt around the photo. Center the felt frame over the photo, place and smooth with fingers to secure. Allow the glue to dry.
- Glue the edge of the felt frame to the felt backing. Leave about 1” open at the top to stuff and add keyring.
- Trim the edges if necessary.
- Stuff with a bit of pillow stuffing once the glue is dry. Use a popsicle stick to push the stuffing in evenly.
- Add the keyring. Cut a 2” long ½” wide piece of felt, fold it over the keyring and glue the ends together.
- Insert the glued end of the felt into the opening of the felt and glue shut. Use a clothespin or paperclip to hold secure until dry.
- Add embellishments like pom poms or jewels if desired with glue.
- Gift or attach to keys and enjoy!