Ken Wingard’s DIY flowers are absolutely nuts! Ken shows Cameron how one man’s trash can become another man’s treasure with DIY Pistachio Art.
- Natural wooden craft plaque
- Pistachio shells
- Hot glue and glue sticks
- Scissors or circular paper punch
1. To create the base of your pistachio flower, cut a circle out of cardstock.
2. In the center of your cardstock circle, hot glue the pistachio shells in a circle to create the bud of your flower.
3. Continue to glue pistachio shells concentrically around each circle until you have a finished flower.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 to create as many flower heads as desired for your work of art.
5. Begin to place your pistachio flowers onto your wooden plaque and play with your twig placement until it looks like the stalk of your flowers.
6. Break off any unnecessary length of the twigs.
7. Once you like the placement of everything, hot glue it in place.
8. Allow the glue to dry, display and enjoy!