Bring that merry & bright feeling to your home with this simple DIY.
DIY Pine Cone Christmas Candles
- Pine cones
- Glass jars
- Faux snow or Epsom salt
- Mod Podge
- LED tea-light candles
- Hot glue
- Paint Mod Podge on around the top edge of the jar. Spring faux snow or salt on then shake off the excess. If using faux snow, you can create a mix of half snow half Mod Podge and paint it on with a brush (the salt will melt).
- Paint Mod Podge onto the scales of each pinecone then sprinkle the faux snow or salt. Shake off any excess.
- Allow the Mod Podge to dry completely.
- Cut a long piece of twine then tie it around the jar then knot to secure.
- Leave the ends long and tie the pinecones on or glue them on with hot glue. Tying is easy enough and makes this temporary so you can switch them out.
- Fill the jar with the faux snow or salt, place the tea-light and enjoy!