Frame Pin Cushion Materials:
- Fabric scissors
- Optional: Glue
Mason Jar Pin Cushion
- Mason Jar with lid
- needle and thread
- piece of cardboard
- fabric scissors
- x-acto knife
- hot glue gun and glue stickets
- Optional: Ribbon
Stand Alone Pin Cushion Materials
- Needle and thread
- Optional: Felt and Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Steps for Frame Pin Cushion:
1. Take the frame apart.
2. Place the fabric over the back of the frame so that the decorative side of the fabric is facing out.
3. Fill stuff with poly-fil until it creates a pillow like shape.
4. Put the backing back on and pull the fabric taut.
5. Trim any excess fabric away from the back of the frame.
6. Glue to secure if desired and enjoy!
Steps for Mason Jar Pin Cushion:
1. Cut a piece of cardboard to the size of your mason jar lid.
2. Cut out a circle of fabric that is double the size of the lid.
3. Sew a running stitch along the outside of the circle.
4. As you pull the stitch taut, stuff with poly-fil to create a pillow form.
5. Place the cardboard circle inside the pillow form and pull the stitch taut around it.
6. Double knot the thread to secure.
7. Glue the base of the cushion onto the top of the mason jar.
8. Conceal any imperfections with ribbon and enjoy!
Steps for Stand Alone Pin Cushion:
1. Cut a circle of fabric.
2. Sew a running stitch around the outside of the circle.
3. Begin to pull the stitch taut and stuff with poly-fil as you go.
4. Stuff until your round cushion is very full.
5. Pull the opening closed super tight and double knot to secure.
6. If desired cut a piece of felt and glue it to the bottom for stability.