Get ready for the outdoors with this fun DIY.
DIY Picnic Backpack
- Backpack (preferably one that zips to the base)
- Foam core
- Tacky glue
- Canvas fabric
- Dinnerware (plastic recommended)
- Take your backpack and cut out a piece of foam core that will fit inside.
- Use the foam core to trace an identical piece on the fold of the batting.
- Use the base shape as your pattern and trace out two pieces on fabric.
- Allow an inch or so for seam allowance, and for wrapping around foam core base.
- On one side, figure out the placing of the elastic and how much give you need depending on the size of your dinnerware (Recommended to place the silverware at the bottom)
- Pin them down and sew into place.
- Sew the two front and back pieces of fabric together inside out, leaving space to insert the base shape, and then turn right side out.
- Use tacky glue to wrap and adhere the batting to the foam core.
- Insert the base into the cover.
- Finish sewing.
- Add to backpack
Optional: Add two elastic straps to the side of the backpack for your picnic blanket.