- Wooden craft box with hinges
- Photos printed to 1 ½” smaller than the interior or the box
- Paint in desired color
- Clear spray sealant
- 220 grit sandpaper
- Ribbon or clear tape
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Double stick tape
- X-Acto knife and cutting mat
- Large square or circle punch
1. First you need to give the craft box that nice lacquer finish, in a well-ventilated area sand the craft box until smooth and coat it with the spray sealant. Allow it to dry.
2. Add another coat of clear sealant. Allow to dry completely. Sand lightly.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 around four times until you have a smooth coating on the box.
4. Allow the box to dry completely.
5. Paint the box the desired color and allow it to dry. Add the final coat of clear sealant.
6. Set aside to dry.
TO CREATE THE ACCORDION PHOTO BOX:
1. Cut the cardstock into rectangles ½” narrower than the interior of the box.
PRO TIP: Using an X-Acto knife and ruler will give you cleaner edges than scissors.
2. Fold them into even squares then use tape to attach as many strips of accordioned cardstock as you need for photos.
3. Cut the photos down photos to 1” smaller than the squares of the accordion.
4. Use double stick tape to attach a photo to the center of each square except the last one.
5. Glue the face of the last square to the bottom of the box, fold the photo accordion in, close and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE RIBBON PHOTO BOX:
1. Cut circles or squares out of cardstock that are ½” smaller than the interior of the box. PRO TIP: If you’re going to be making a lot of these it’s easier to use a paper punch in the desired shape and size. You can get two sizes one for the cardstock and one for the photos.
2. Cut the photos out to 1” smaller than the cardstock shapes.
3. Use double stick tape to attach a photo to the center of each piece of cardstock.
4. Space out the photos face down and glue a ribbon to the back using hot glue.
5. Glue the bottom of the ribbon to the bottom of the box, fold the photo ribbon in, close and enjoy!