Materials for Braided Chew Toy
- Fabric Scissors
- Red fleece (1 yard)
- White fleece (1 yard)
- Pink fleece (1 yard) - or desired colors
Materials for Catnip Kicker Cat Toy
- Valentine fleece fabric (1 yard) Or any fabric of your choosing
- Polyfill (1 bag)
- Velcro self-adhesive strips or squares
- Fabric Scissors
Ingredients for Cranberry Hearts Dog Treats
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons of additional Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
Directions for Braided Chew Toy
1. Cut three long strips out- one from each color of fleece.
2. Tie all three together, leaving about 2 inches of fabric hanging.
3. With the three loose strips, start braiding loosely. Create about a 2 foot braid and tie off the ends with the same amount of loose strips at the bottom.
1. Avoid using satin or silk.
2. Width of strips should be smaller for smaller dogs, and wider for bigger dogs.
Directions for Catnip Kicker Cat Toy
1. Cut your fleece in a rectangle shape, about 30” long by 8” wide.
2. Lay your fleece out with the colored side facing down.
3. Grab your polyfill and create a cylinder-like shape about 12” long by 3” wide.
4. Wrap your fleece over the polyfill and being to wrap like a present.
5. When you have 3 sides done, add catnip to the entire length of the polyfill inside the fleece.
6. For the final wrapped piece, add your Velcro strips and Velcro the remaining side to the toy. Make sure it is nice and secure.
7. Give it to your kitty and watch them enjoy (and kick) for hours!
1. When making kitty and puppy toys, make sure not to use any glues or adhesives that are not safe for children. I’m using Velcro instead of fashion glue because the glue can be VERY harmful to animals (and humans).
2. Because you are using Velcro on the kitty toy, when your kitty needs a little more catnip, you can just pull back the fabric and add some more!
Directions for Dog Treats
1. Preheat oven to 165°C.
2. Beat 2 eggs and set aside.
3. Combine your flour, coconut oil and dried cranberries together in a bowl.
4. Once combined, pour in the eggs and mix together with your hands. The dough will be very wet.
5. Begin adding in your additional flour one TBSP at a time, mixing in each one after added. You want to achieve a consistency that is easy to roll and not super sticky. This will require between 3-4 TBSP depending on your brand of flour and size of your eggs. The dough should easily form a ball.
6. Rollout your dough and cut out the treats using bite sized cookie cutters. Hearts are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
7. Place your treats on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until crisp.
9. Makes approx. 20 treats (dependent on size of cutter). Let cool before giving to your pooch – Enjoy!