1. Use a soft tape measure to figure out the dimensions you want the fabric panel to be on your bins. Measure out the fabric and cut it out.
Pro Tip: Use a 6” x 24” quilting ruler to draw out your pattern on your fabric, it makes drawing rectangle patterns a breeze!
2. Use repositionable stencil adhesive to position your letter stencil on the fabric. Angling the letters in different positions creates a whimsical Christmas look.
3. Paint the letters by blotting paint onto the fabric with a small round sponge brush. Allow the paint to dry completely.
4. Edge the letters with the acrylic paint pen to cover any paint bleeding that occurred while stenciling.
5. Use spray adhesive to stick the fabric on the basket in the desired positioning. Use hot glue to secure each end of the fabric to the inside and underside of the bin.
6. Add pom-pom trim to edges of the fabric with hot glue. This is not only decorative but seals the cut edges of the fabric to prevent fraying.
Pro Tip: Add trim around the bottom and top of the hamper so it has a finished look.
7. Trim any pom-poms that are sitting under the basket, so it sits flat on the ground.
8. Set out next to your tree for Christmas morning and enjoy!