- Pool noodles
- Duct tape in red and white
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1” wooden dowel
- X-Acto knife or utility blade
- Optional: White paint and paint brush
- Optional: Masking tape
1. First, you need to turn your pool noodles into peppermint! Wind the red duct tape onto the pool noodle in a spiral fashion. Cover what’s still exposed pool noodle by winding the white duct tape on in a winding fashion to create alternating red and white stripes.
2. Begin rolling the pool noodle into a spiral lollipop shape, adhering with hot glue as you go. Wait for the glue to set completely before letting go or it will unravel! You can hold together temporarily with masking tape until dry.
3. Use an X-Acto knife to cut a 1” hole into the bottom of your lollipop and insert the dowel. If desired, paint the dowel white to resemble a lollipop stick even more.
4. Cut a large square of cellophane to cover the lollipop.
5. Cover the lollipop and secure with ribbon and a bow where the lollipop and stick meet.
6. Place as desired and enjoy!