Ken Wingard shows us how to make a chic, modern and a little bit rustic DIY Penny Table.
- Table with lip edge
- Stir sticks
- Disposable or silicone container
- Lighter, straw or heat gun
- Tape measure
- Bar keeper’s friend
- Mask or respirator
- Find the center of your table using a tape measure or ruler. Mark with a pencil.
- Place the pennies from the center of the table outward. Adhere them in place as you go with superglue.
- If you want the pennies to have a clean, uniformed, polished look, use bar keeper’s friend to clean and polish them. Make sure to remove any excess residue before the next step.
- Mix your resin according to the brand’s instructions. PRO TIP: Be sure to wear gloves and work in a well-ventilated area when working with resin. Wear a mask or respirator if you have sensitive lungs.
- Pour the resin onto the table.
- Pop any existing air bubbles in the surface of the resin. Either blow them out with a straw or hover the flame of a lighter over the surface of the resin. If you have a heat gun that also works.
- Allow the resin to cure for 24 hours then enjoy!