- Card Stock (65 pound)
- Foam sticky mounting tape
- Shadow box
- Single strand light
- Hole drill bit large enough to fit the single strand light you buy
1. Design what you would like the picture to include. This can be up to your imagination. You can use this opportunity to give acclaim to your child’s accolades, or incorporate someone’s family name for a new home gift, or simply be a piece of art.
2. Decide how many layers you want your artwork to be. For this effect, you want to have at least 3 layers.
3. Cut out each layer, making sure they don’t cover up the image in the cutout of any other layers.
4. When you have all of the layers that you want, begin to build the structure of the artwork.
5. Using the foam mounting tape, cut small slices of tape and place them all around the artwork, making sure that the tape will be covered by the layers (you don’t want your tape showing).
6. Continue to do this so that all layers are attached to each other in one piece of art. 7. Take your shadow box and drill a hole in the bottom of the box large enough to place in your strand light.
8. Clean out any sawdust that got in your shadow box.
9. Put your light in the bottom of the shadow box and secure into place with the hardware that comes with the light (will vary according to manufacturer).
10. Put your layered artwork in the shadow box, securing the back layer to the back of the box with mounting tape.
11. Close it up and plug in.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page