- Branch, dowel or rod
- Construction paper in various colors
- Paper cutter, X-Acto knife and ruler or scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cup hooks large enough for your branch x2
- Invisible tape or school glue sticks
1. Cut a bunch of strips of paper in various colors to the same dimension. The size of the strips depends on how wide and big you want the rings to be.
PRO TIP: Make one ring to size that you like first to determine the size.
2. To start each chain, bring the ends of one strip together and secure with hot glue.
PRO TIP: If you want to get the kids involved use invisible tape or school glue sticks instead!
3. Loop a second strip through the first and secure together at the ends. Repeat adding links to the chain until you have the desired length of your wall hanging.
PRO TIP: Visualize what you want the pattern to be and add colors in sections down each chain to create solid blobs as you add chains next to one another.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 until you have as many chains as you need to fill the width of your branch.
5. Slide the top link of each chain onto the branch.
6. Use the cup hooks to hang the wall hanging and enjoy!