Maria Provenzano shows how to upcycle old plates to make them the star of your next dinner party. She elevate these old glass dishes by creating DIY Painted plates.
- Enamel craft paint that is oven cure in desired colors
- Glass plates
- Plastic sheeting or other material to cover work surface
- Deli cup or other object to suspend plate
- Disposable cups
- Popsicle sticks
- X-Acto or craft knife
- Artist brush
- Dishwasher safe decoupage
- Clean the glass plates, remove any stickers and subsequent residue.
- Clean with alcohol to remove any fingerprints or oils that may keep the paint from adhering to the glass.
- Paint the gold rim around the edge first if desired. Set aside to dry.
- Pick your colors for the marbling and make a separate mix of each color in a cup. The mix should be about 2 parts paint to 1-part water. The consistency should be like that of melted ice cream!
- Pour all the colors into one cup.
- Cover your work surface with plastic then place the plate face down on a deli cup or Tupperware to elevate the edges off the surface so the paint can run off.
- Pour all the colors onto the plate. Allow the paint to dry.
- Place in the oven to cure the paint to the glass, bake according to brand instructions.
- Seal with dishwasher safe decoupage if desired, allow it to cure for time according to instructions, then enjoy!