Orly Shani shows us how to do Summer in style with DIY chairs that will make you want to smile and take a seat.
- Paint in desired colors
- Adirondack chairs, preferably raw unsealed wood
- Containers for paint
- Spray paint in desired color
- If you are re-finishing an existing chair and want to add overall color first, spray paint it first. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Put your chosen paint colors into containers then add a splash of water to thin each color of paint out a little. Mix together.
- Use a paintbrush to apply the chosen color of paint to the corresponding pieces of wood, wipe away the excess paint after applying it to each piece of wood. Wiping away the paint creates the stain effect where the wood grain shows through.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Seal according to the brand of sealant’s instructions. Allow the seal cure for a proper amount of time according to instructions then enjoy!