- Oyster Shells
- Liquid leaf in gold
- Patterned napkins or tissue paper
- White acrylic or pearl paints
- Gloss Mod Podge
- Nail file or fine grit sandpaper
1. Wash and dry your oyster shells.
2. Paint the pit of your shell white and allow to dry.
3. Paint a generous layer of mod podge onto the pit of your shell.
4. Gently lay your patterned tissue paper onto the wet adhesive and smooth down.
*If using napkins, use only the top layer by splitting the layers from the corner with your thumbs. *
5. Once the mod podge has dried, pull away the excess material with your fingers.
6. Use your nail file to gently file the edge of the pit until smooth.
7. Take your fine paintbrush and paint the rim of your oyster shell with the gold liquid leaf.
8. Seal the pit and leafed rim with gloss Mod Podge if desired.
9. Allow to dry and enjoy!