- Trash can
- 1”x2” Wood (Enough to cover trash can)
- Wood stain
- ¼” Plywood sheet 4’x8’
- Wood glue
- Nail gun with nails
- 4-12” Piano hinges
- Screw gun
- 1 8’ Piece of 1”x3” wood
- Measuring tape
· Stain the boards varying colors and set aside to dry.
· Measure your existing trash can. Add about an inch all the way around since you will want room to put the trash can liner inside.
· Use that measurement to cut your ¼” plywood. You will need 4 sides and one base piece.
· Cut your 1”x2” boards to create a box for the bottom of your structure. You will need a piece for all 4 sides.
· Glue and nail the bottom of the structure to the 1”x2” base.
· Assemble your sides by using glue and nails at the bottom into the 1”x2”s.
· Cut additional 1”x2” box for the top of the structure.
· Use glue and nails to attach the box to the top.
· Use glue and nails to attach varying lengths of wood onto your plywood structure. Be sure to mix up the colors so that one color isn’t overpowering one area – spread out the colors in a random order to look best.
· Do this to all four sides of the structure.
· Add a piano hinge to all four top sides of your structure.
· Measure and cut your 1”x3” boards to fit the top.
· Attach the 1”x3” boards to the other side of the piano hinge. This will allow you to cover the top of the trash can and uncover it to remove dirty bags.