Adorable handmade earrings that make stylish gifts for Christmas.
DIY Ornaments Earrings
- White polymer clay
- Sculpey gloss glaze
- Clay roller
- Mini cookie cutters
- White acrylic paint
- Folkart color shift paint in desired color
- Eye pin
- Ear wire hooks
- Jump rings
- Jewelry pliers
- Straight pins
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Roll out the clay to about 1/8” thickness.
- Then, cut out 2 circles using the 1 ¼” cutter.
- Insert an eye pin into each piece of clay at what will become the top of your earrings. Make sure that it doesn’t poke through on the sides.
- Next, smooth the edges of the circles making them slightly rounded.
- Using the pin head, the rounded end of a paint brush handle or something similar, press small dot indentions into the top half of your clay circles.
- On a covered baking sheet, bake your clay according to package instructions. Typical bake time is about 15 minutes at 275°F.
- The white clay picks up dust or lint easily, so after it is baked, paint them white to cover up any little imperfections.
- Once the white paint is dry, dip the pin head into the color shift paint and apply into the indentions on the clay.
- Next, coat your earrings with the scupley gloss glaze. This seals your earrings and helps give them the high quality of appearance of porcelain. Apply 3 coats according to the instructions. Allow the glaze to dry completely.
- Attach your ear wire hooks the eye pin with a jump ring in between using your jewelry pliers.
- Put on and enjoy!