Ken Wingard has a DIY to spread cheer right at the door of your home.
DIY Ornament Door Hang
Home Decor, Christmas Decorations
Share More Merry: DIY Ornament Door Hang - Home & Family
- Crayola vivid cardstock or color pop cardstock
- Foam core
- Spray adhesive
- Crayola blending markers
- Crayola paint brush pens
- Crayola glitter markers
- ¼” wide decorative ribbon
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Wire snips
- Jingle bells
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Draw out the design of a vintage ornament onto the foam core. You can print something off of the internet to trace if you’re not comfortable drawing freehand.
- Cut the foam core to the shape of the ornament with an x-acto knife on a cutting mat.
- Apply spray adhesive to one side of the foam core. Place the sticky side face down onto a piece of fun colorful cardstock, if it has a pattern on one side that you want to use, have the cardstock placed pattern side down so you’re adhering to the back of it.
- Cut the cardstock to the edge of the foam core with an x-acto.
- Attach some ribbon around the edge of the foam core with hot glue to finish the edges.
- Add decorative patterns and details with markers as desired.
- Create the ornament cap by using the crayola glitter markers to color a piece of paper silver or gold. Add an excess of marker color and smudge with your finger to blend. Cut to the shape and size of an ornament cap for your ornament.
- Adhere the ornament cap to the front of the ornament at the top with hot glue.
- Cut and bend a piece of wire to act as the ornament hook. Glue it to the back of the ornament at the top.
- Add any decorative elements to the bottom of the ornament you’d like jingle bells or tassels with a little twine and some hot glue.
- String some twine through the hook of the ornament to hang it from.
- Repeat steps 1-11 to create as many ornament door hangers as you’d like then, hang and enjoy!