Make your own candles with a Valentine’s Day twist.
DIY Ombre Heart Candles
- Heart shaped cookie cutters (3-4 different sizes)
- Soy wax flakes/chips
- Dye chips
- Wicks with metal tabs
- Pouring Pot
- Cookie Sheet
- Wax or parchment paper
- Boil a few inches of water in a pot.
- Put wax chips/flakes into pour pot and place on top of boiling water.
- Melt all the way down and then add wax dye chip and stir. Mix well.
- Pour mixture on rimmed cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Let the wax set. The wax should be soft but not jiggly.
- Run cookie cutter under warm water to help cut shape more easily.
- Cut out shapes and while the wax is still soft, poke a hole in the center with a toothpick where the wick will go.
- Set dyed wax scraps aside and save for later.
- Repeat process of melting white wax and instead of using a dye chip use scraps of the dyed wax. Add a small amount to start and then continue to add until desired color shade is reached.
- Repeat pouring, setting, and cutting out shape. Poke hole in center with toothpick.
- Use metal tabbed wick and begin stacking hearts with the largest and darkest color on bottom. Gradually go smaller and lighter.
- Trim wick with scissors if necessary.
- Place on dish or plate and enjoy!