Materials for Tray
- 1 16x12 wood tray
- White paint and paint brush
- Clear acrylic spray
- Holiday images
- Laser printer
- Waterslide paper
- Bowl of water
Ingredients for Reindeer Food
- Edible glitter (optional)
1. Paint wood tray white, let dry completely (suggested 3 hours).
2. Print your design on the Laser waterslide decal paper, with your Laser printer.
3. Cut the images as close to the borders/writing as you can. Cut the decal paper into several smaller pieces so it is easier to apply them.
4. Apply three coats of the clear acrylic sealer onto the design, letting it dry completely after each coat.
5. Put the first decal paper into the water and wait for a few seconds.
6. Once dry, place the design into a bowl of water for about 30-60 seconds, or until the decal starts to peel away from the backing.
7. Remove from water and carefully place the design onto the tray; once it is placed, it cannot be removed.
8. Use a soft cloth to remove any excess water and remove air bubbles to make it smooth
Allow to dry for a few hours to make sure it completely sets.
9. Repeat the process by labeling the jars for the reindeer food if desired; you could also make a gift tag if you like instead.
10. Make a funnel with a piece of paper, and add the “reindeer food,” aka oats and sprinkles, into the jars
11. Once everything is dry and set, you can place your plate of cookies and glass of milk for Santa on the tray, along with the reindeer food.
**Images available for purchase at silhouettedesignstore.com, getdrawings.com