- Round plywood (15”)
- Round mirror (12”)
- Embroidery hoop (14”)
- Wood plugs
- Faucet handle
- Super glue
- Wood glue
- Flush wall hanger
1. Pre-paint all of your materials. We chose to paint the plywood that is outside of the embroidery hoop copper, and everything else is painted bass.
2. Place your 12” round mirror in the center of the plywood round. Use super glue to secure. 3. Place 14” embroidery hoop around the mirror. Use wood glue to secure.
4. Use super glue to attach bolts to the wood chunk on the embroidery hoop. This will make it look like a hinge.
5. Use wood glue to add wood plugs around the plywood.
6. Stack a wood plug, bolt, and faucet handle to each other, with the faucet handle on top. Glue to plywood. This will make it look like the porthole can be opened.
Optional: If you want to give your mirror a weathered look, go back in with chocolate brown paint and paint around the bolts and embroidery hopp. Use a rag or paper towel to pull of some of the paint.
7. Allow everything glued to completely dry, then hang with a flush wall hanger.