- Large stovetop pot
- Stirring stick
- Dye source material (Beets, blackberries, onion skins, coffee, or turmeric)
1. Cut up desired natural material (beets, blackberries, onion skins etc.) and dump into large stovetop pot
2. Add water to your stovetop (Use 2x the amount of the dye source material so for one cup of beets, 2 cups of water.)
3. Let simmer for 1 hr
4. Strain and let cool
5. Soak tea towel in dye. The longer you let it soak the richer the color will be.
6. Let dry
7. Wash linens
8. Once freshly washed and dried, add monogram with iron
Tea Towel Prep
1. If you are using a new item, wash it before starting your project
2. Based on your dye you will place your towels into simmering water for approx 30 mins-1hr.
3. For fruit based dyes use ¼ cup of salt and 4 cups of water
4. For vegetable based dyes use 1 cup of vinegar and 4 cups of water