Tamara Mowry-Housley is turning heads not just once, but twice with her adorable matching Mommy & Me Headbands.
- Plastic headbands no wider than 1.5”
- Stretch velvet material
- Fabric scissors
- Faux pearls
- Quilting square or ruler
- Fabric chalk
- Measure then cut a piece of velvet fabric to 6” x 24”.
- Create a tube out of the cut material. Fold the fabric in half longways with the right side of the fabric facing inside then glue along the long edge. Allow to dry.
- Flip the fabric tube right-side out.
- Tie the fabric tube in a knot around the center of the headband, hide the seam by twisting fabric until it faces down toward the headband.
- Tighten the knot then glue the fabric sides down onto the headband.
- Finish the ends. Trim the excess fabric to a reasonable length then fold up under each end of the headband.
- Decorate with pearls as desired. Use glue to adhere. PRO TIP: Use an industrial glue like E6000 to attach the pearls for extra durability.
- Allow the glue to dry for 24 hours and enjoy!