Ken Wingard shows us how to elevate an old planter into a chic and modern one with a midcentury design.
DIY Modern Painted Planters
Home Decor, Gardening
DIY MODERN PAINTED PLANTERS MATERIALS:
- Pre-existing cylindrical pot or planter
- Circular object to trace
- Craft paint in desired colors
- Artist brushes
DIY MODERN PAINTED PLANTERS DIRECTIONS:
- Trace a circle onto paper and cut out with scissors. You can use any circular object to trace including the edge of your planter, which provides nice proportion.
- Draw out the pattern. Fold the circle to different sizes to create various sizes of forms to trace onto the planter with pencil. For visual interest allow some to intersect and overlap.
- Paint the first color onto desired sections. Allow that paint to dry before moving onto the second color. PRO TIP: Leave some unpainted or paint them contrasting colors, it will create a more interesting composition.
- Paint in any other desired colors in empty sections of the design if desired. Allow to dry.
- Place plant into planter and enjoy!