Ken Wingard has a cool and new twist on the traditional Christmas Village that is small in size but mighty in the Christmas spirit.
DIY Modern Christmas Village
Christmas Decor, Mantle Decor
- Provided house plans
- Foam core
- X-acto knife
- Plenty of fresh x-acto blades
- Metal ruler
- Scrapbook paper
- Spray glue
- Clear glitter
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Miniature wreaths
- Bottle brush trees
- Print the plans provided for each house on tile setting, line up the pages, cut any excess paper from the edges and tape together.
- Trace the plans onto foam core.
- Cut out the pieces for each house with an x-acto knife and metal ruler. Replace the blade often to keep it sharp. PRO TIP: Anywhere it says “fold” score the foam core halfway instead of cutting through and fold.
- Cut doors for each house if want to add them.
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper for the back wall of each house and adhere it with spray glue.
- Glue the floor and walls together of each house using hot glue. Wait to put the roof on until later.
- Paint the body of each house the desired color. PRO TIP: Painting the doors an accent color is very modern and a fun way to add more color!
- Spray each roof with spray adhesive and sprinkle a generous amount of glitter on.
- Add decorative accouterments like miniature wreaths on the doors and bottle brush Christmas trees inside.
- You can either glue the roof on or leave it unattached to switch out decorative items or tealights for a warm glow.
- Arrange, sprinkle with faux show and enjoy!