Ken Wingard is lighting up the room with his DIY perfect for the Holiday season.
DIY Metallic Lace Votives
Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas
DIY METALLIC LACE VOTIVES MATERIALS:
- Lace trim
- Metallic spray paint
- Glass cylinder vases
- Spray adhesive
- Led candles
- Soft tape measure
DIY METALLIC LACE VOTIVES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Decide how much of the vase you want to cover so that you know roughly how much lace trim you will need to paint. You can wrap the entire vase, just the top or bottom edge or both, it is an aesthetic choice. PRO TIP: Overestimate the amount of lace because it will shrink when painted.
- Paint the lace trim. Do this before cutting to size for the votive because again, the lace will shrink a bit as it dries. Apply a few coats. Allow to dry.
- Wrap the lace trim around the vase and cut the trim to size so that it wraps around the circumference of the vase. Cut as many pieces of trim as needed to cover the desired parts vase to this length. PRO TIP: You can use a soft tape measure to find the circumference of the vase to get your length if you want.
- Coat the back of the lace with spray adhesive. The fabric will absorb the glue a bit, so allow it to dry then spray a generous second coat so that it becomes tacky enough to stick to the vase.
- Attach the pieces of lace trim to the vase as desired.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to create as many votives as you’d like.
- Drop your candle in, light and enjoy!