1. Take your faux panel and measure out a 4”x6” opening in the middle of the panel. Mark this area with pencil.
2. Taking your tin snips or scissors, make a hole in the middle of the opening and cut around your drawing, revealing a 4x6 hole in the panel.
3. Take chalk paint (either spray paint or brushable paint) and add the color you would like to have on your frame. Set aside to dry.
4. If your base color of the panel is not a good looking color to be revealed, add a base coat of brown, black or bronze to give it some definition.
5. Take a medium grit sand paper and sand back some of the areas to reveal the color underneath.
6. Take your panel and lay it on a flat surface. Take your frame and add it to the back side of the panel with hot glue, making sure the frame matches up with your opening.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page