- Plastic masks (plain or paper plates)
- Hot glue
- Paint (acrylic craft paint)
- Paint brush
1. If you have a mask…go straight to step 2. If you need to make your mask from a paper plate, fold the plate in half and follow these directions as shown in the picture.
2. Paint the mask any color you would like. The popular Mardi Gras colors are green, aqua, purple, yellow and gold.
3. Take any embellishments that you would like and glue them on to the mask. You can use hot glue or if the bling has self-adhesive on the back, just remove backing and set in place.
4. Take any feathers and hot glue them to the back side (or skin side) of the mask.
5. Take ribbon and attach two pieces to either side of the mask (if you want to tie it on).
6. If you would like to use a handle, glue two inches of the skewer on to the back side of the mask.
7. Take ribbon and wrap the skewer with the ribbon, all the way down. You can tie off and let the ribbon legs hang.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page