1. Cut two identical rectangles from your craft wood.
2. Stack the rectangles and clamp them onto a thick piece of scrap wood.
3. Use your 2 ¾” hole saw to drill into through both pieces of wood oriented at the center of the top.
4. Carefully remove the top piece, of wood and re-clamp the bottom piece.
5. Using your 3” hole saw, line up your center bit to the hole created in by the center bit of your first hole to ensure the holes will be lined up properly. Drill through.
6. Use wood glue to adhere your two layers of craft wood together, make sure the holes are centered to each other. You should have a lip of 1/4” all the way around the interior of your circle.
*Clamp together or weight down while the glue cures. *
7. Once the glue has set, trace your magnifying glass pattern onto your rectangle. Make sure to center your hole.
8. Cut your magnifying glass shape out with a saw.
10. Coat with sealant.
11. Take a fine paintbrush and apply a thin layer of glue along the interior edge of the 1/4” and drop your acrylic round in.
12. Allow to glue to cure and enjoy!