Do you love magazines but hate the clutter? Store your magazines in style with this DIY Magazine Rack.
DIY Magazine Rack
Storage, Home Decor
- Macramé hoops, 19” diameter, 4mm rod (2)
- Stiff leather or heavy-duty fabric
- Leather cording
- Leather punch
- Hot glue and glue sticks
- Heavy-duty scissors or rotary cutter
- Line your two macramé hoops up and pull one through the other until the bottom of your two hoops are far enough apart to hold magazines. *This should look like an “X” with long legs from the side.*
- Glue the hoops in place at the intersections.
- Use leather cording to wrap the intersections. Use hot glue to secure.
- Next, cut a piece of material wide enough for magazines and long enough to fit magazines and fold over the ring of both your hoops.
- Measure out the spacing for the holes along the edge of your material, about 2” apart is good. Repeat this on the opposite edge.
- Take your leather punch and punch all of the marked holes.
- Fold the leather around the bottom of the hoop, pull the edge about 1” over the hoop making sure it’s lined up properly.
- Punch through the existing holes so that you can weave cording through both layers.
- String the cording through the holes to secure it around the macramé hoop. Secure each end with a knot.
- Repeat steps 7-9 on the opposite side.
- Place and enjoy!