Materials for Soap
- Clear or white melt-and-pour soap base (8 ounces)
- Powdered activated charcoal (1 teaspoon)
- Lavender essential oil (3 drops)
- Cosmetic grade glitter; silver and/or gold could be used (¼ to ½ teaspoon)
- Wax paper
- Silicone cube or diamond molds
- Cutting board
- Kitchen knife
- Microwavable bowl
Materials for Packaging
- Stamp kit to create “naughty” “nice” stamp
- Brown treat bags
- Red permanent marker
Directions for Soap
1. Working in small batches, chop up some of the soap into small pieces.
2. Place in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave in 30 second increments, mixing after each 30 seconds, until completely melted.
4. Stir the charcoal, lavender (or whatever fragrance of choice) and glitter into the melted
soap; mix well.
5. Sprinkle the molds with the glitter.
6. Pour the melted soap into the molds and allow to cool.
7. Remove from molds and cut pieces off using the knife to create and imperfect “coal” shape.
8. Melt down the pieces that were cut (and add more pieces of cut soap if needed) and quickly
dip the large pieces of soap into the melted soap; this is optional but can create a more “coal”
9. Place on wax paper and allow to dry.
Directions for Materials
1. Stamp the words “naughty” and “nice” onto the bag
2. Use the red permanent marker to circle the word “naughty”
3. Fill with the “lump of coal” soap and seal with a sticker or ribbon