- Paper Wonder Card
- Pillar Candle Holder
- 1” x 6” Wood (After measuring, can be cut to size at hardware store)
- Wood Glue
- Puck Light
- Curtain Rod Finial
- White Paint
- Drill/ 3inch Hole Bit (measure your puck light first and make sure your drill bit is at least the size of the puck light)
1. Measure the height and width of your paper wonder card.
2. Cut the “backboard” of your wood to fit the height and width of your card.
3. Cut two more pieces of wood, for the “ceiling and base,” to fit the width of the card going one direction and cut the other side to fit the width of the card plus the thickness of the backboard.
4. Find the center point of the “base” piece but shift it down from the additional measurement
of the backboard thickness. Drill the hole with your hole bit.
5. Find a pillar candle holder that has a slight indentation on the top. This will help hold the
puck light into place. The pillar should also be thinner than the size of your card, so it doesn’t
6. Use wood glue to attach the base of your display on top of the candle pillar. Make sure the
hole is placed directly over the top of the indentation.
7. Once that is dry, glue the “backboard” piece on top of the extra inch of the base so that
8. Again, once that is dry, glue the final “ceiling” piece to the top of the “backboard.”
9. Paint the entire display one color. We went with a white color.
10. Place your light puck inside of the “base” hole on top of the candle pillar.
11. Finally, add your card!