Ken Wingard adds retro vibes to our lives with License plate DIYs.
- License plates
TO CREATE THE LICENSE PLATE ORGANIZER:
- Wooden box or boxes
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
TO CREATE THE LICENSE PLATE KEYCHAIN:
- Tin snips
- Metal file
- Nail and hammer or metal punch
TO CREATE THE CACHE POT:
- Silicone caulking
- Caulk gun
To Create The License Plate Organizer:
- Apply glue to the license plate both hot glue and e6000 to the backside of the license plate.
- Adhere the license plate to the wooden box or boxes.
- Place in desired spot and enjoy!
To Create The License Plate Keychain:
- Mark the area you’d like to make into a keychain. PRO TIP: position the cuts to utilize the pre-existing holes in the license plate as the hole for the keyring if desired.
- Cut out the keychain with tin snips.
- File any rough edges or burrs on the metal.
- If needed, punch a hole for the keyring with a nail and hammer on a scrap piece of wood.
- Attach the keyring and enjoy!
To Create The Cache Pot:
- Find the center of the license plate and mark on the top and bottom edge. Repeat on the second license plate.
- Bend the license plates off of the edge of a table, first alight the pencil marks with the edge to make sure the crease is straight.
- Place the edges of the license plates together then adhere in place with the silicone caulking on the inner corners. Allow the caulk to dry.
- Place plant in then enjoy!