Ken Wingard and Maria Provenzano team up to take lemonade stands to the next level.
- Apple crates
- Double sided hook and loop Velcro tape roll
- 1” x 2” wood cut to 48”
- White duck canvas cut to 13” x 39” or appropriate size for wagon + seam allowance
- ¼” plywood
- Craft wood circles to size of wagon hubcaps
- 1” fornstner bit
- Spray paint in yellow and light yellow
- White exterior paint
- Paint brushes
- Black paint pen
- White felt
- Fabric scissors
- Staple gun with ¼” staples
- Measuring tape
- Paint to match wagon
DIY Lemonade Wagon
- If staining the 1” x 3” posts, do so now. Set aside to dry.
- Measure your wagon to determine appropriate measurements for the lemon wedge and sign.
- Draw out then cut the lemon wedge shape with a jigsaw. Sand any rough edges.
- Drill the 1” hole into the craft wood circles that will become the lemon hubcaps. Mark the placement of the air valve on the wheel then drill.
- Paint the base color for the lemon wedge and hubcap. Do a base of darker yellow, then mist in the center with the lighter color. Set aside to dry.
- Paint the crates to match the wagon if desired.
- Cut the canvas to size then iron the seams to create a clean hem. Secure with glue.
- Add the lettering. Draw out in pencil then paint over with yellow fabric paint. Once dry, outline with black paint pen. Set aside to dry. PRO TIP: If you’re not comfortable free handing, use a stencil.
- Paint the white sections of the lemon onto the hubcaps and wedge.
- Create felt seeds for the lemons. Draw then cut out smaller for the hubcap and large for the wedge.
- Glue the seeds onto the lemons.
- Cut sections of the double-sided Velcro tape.
- Use a staple gun to attach one side of each Velcro strip to the wood, then adhere the other to the desired place on the wagon or wheels.
- Use a staple gun to attach the canvas sign to the 1” x 3” posts.
- Place the crates in the wagon toward the back so there is no gap.
- Attach the lemon to the front of the wagon with the Velcro strips then the hubcaps to the wheels as well.
- Place each leg of the sign into the front corners of the wagon, secure in place with Velcro.
- Get your lemonade set up and enjoy!