Materials for Rotating Base
- 4 24-inch plywood rounds
- 4 1x8 inch boards
- 1 tabletop lazy Susan hardware - 1000 lb. capability
- Paint brushes/foam rollers
- Nail gun
- Wood glue
Materials Seat Cushion
- 1 piece 2 inch thick upholstery foam
- Fabric of your choosing
- cord trim
- straight pins
- sewing machine
Directions for Base
1. With a jigsaw, cut notches in the center of each 1/8 board
2. Interlock boards to form two crosses
3. Attach cross boards to rounds with nail gun or hammer and nails
repeat, making 2nd tier, then attach 2nd tier to first tier, placing askew as to not line up crosses perfectly
4. Add another round to top of 2nd tier
5. Attach lazy Susan turntable to top round with screws
6. Attach last round to top round; screw into lazy susan turntable. Two rounds will sit on top of each other and will now be able to spin
7. Paint entire base, let dry.
Directions for Cushion
1. For side panel, take piece of 75x5 inch fabric. Attach to base fabric circle. Pin cording to top piece between top piece and side panel.
2. Sew together. Repeat for bottom piece but leave space open to stuff the cushion. Stuff with 1 piece of upholstery foam, add extra stuffing for desired fullness.
3. Place on top of shoe rack. With additional fabric piece, add velcro pieces around the top of the fabric and around the bottom of the cushion to attach a “curtain” to hide shoes if placing unit in room for a more decorative look.