- Large picture frame (I’m using a wood frame that is 24”x26”)
- 1/2” Plywood, cut to the size of your picture frame (this will be the base)
- Piano hinge (smaller than your frame size- your frame will hide it)
- French cleat
- ½” wooden dowels (as wide as your picture frame across)
- Drill and drill bits
- Screw gun and screws
- OPTIONAL: Decorative knobs
- OPTIONAL: Acrylic paint
1. Measure the space that you have in your laundry room. This will determine how big your laundry rack should be (and how big your frame should be).
2. Pick up the wood from your local hardware store and have them cut the board the same size as your picture frame.
3. Drill matching holes along each side of picture frame. Add wood glue to holes and place dowels inside
4. Add the piano hinge on the inside of the frame against the wood board that will be your base
5. On the front, drill holes at the bottom of the front to hang decorative knobs.
6. Attach the knobs in the holes.
7. Tie twine to each side
8. Add paint if you would like or keep it wood color and rustic.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page