Try this fun way to decorate your kitchen for Christmas.
DIY Kitchen Christmas Tree
DIY KITCHEN CHRISTMAS TREE MATERIALS:
- Small artificial Christmas tree
- Kid’s cooking tools playset
- Kitchen towel
- Styrofoam ball slightly smaller than the diameter of the colander
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Small hand saw
- Floral wire
- Wire snips
- Paint in desired color
DIY KITCHEN CHRISTMAS TREE INSTRUCTIONS:
- The first, cut a third of a Styrofoam ball off using a small hand saw. You want the ball to be big enough that it sits snugly in your colander.
- Then use hot glue to attach the cut side of the ball into the colander and let it set.
- Once you have your Styrofoam in the colander, add your tree. Don’t attach the stand to the tree. Push the “trunk” into the Styrofoam to create a pilot hole, remove the tree, fill the hole with some hot glue and then reinsert the tree. PRO TIP: You want a tree that is proportional to the size of the colander, so it doesn’t feel too big or too small, 4’ works with a full-size colander.
- Paint wooden utensils if desired. Allow them to dry.
- Tie decorative ribbon around the tools in a bow at the top where they will hang from.
- Add floral wire to the tools so you can hang them on the tree.
- Hang the tools on the tree by wrapping the wire around the branches to secure them in place.
- Use ribbon as garland if desired.
- Add a matching kitchen towel around the bottom of the tree as a skirt to cover the Styrofoam and enjoy!