Find out how to take horseshoes and turn them into a DIY rustic coat rack.
DIY Horseshoe Coat Rack
Home Decor, Storage
- 5 Horseshoes
- 2x12 Wood Board cut to 3ft
- A Vise
- Pipe Wrench
- Hot Glue & Glue Sticks
- 10 Nails
- French Cleat
- Paint & Paint Brush (optional)
- Paint board (optional)
- Place the horseshoe in the vice and crank it tight until the horseshoe doesn’t budge. Then, take your pipe wrench and attach it to one side of the horseshoe and bend it towards you. Repeat on the other side.
- Space horseshoes across board, equal distance apart. Attach horseshoe to board using hot glue. Then, nail it in place in one of the premade holes on each side of horseshoe.
- To create the welcome message, first draw a line across the board where you want your letters to rest. Then write out your message in pencil as a guide for where to place your rope. Along your drawn out letters, place rope on top and hot glue into place. This works best when you work little by little, allowing you to get more precise lettering.
- Hang on wall using a French cleat.