Orly Shani shows how to make a festive, fun and stylish DIY Holiday Tulle Skirt.
DIY Holiday Tulle Skirts
DIY HOLIDAY TULLE SKIRTS MATERIALS:
- Tulle circle skirt with lining
- Fabric paint in desired colors or mod podge
- Paint brushes
- Drop cloth or roll of craft paper
- Fabric scissors
- Cut the skirt to desired length if necessary.
- Set up to paint your skirt, if possible, lay out a drop cloth and open up the entire top tulle layer of the skirt on it. Push the lining to the center, out from underneath the tulle so that it doesn’t get painted. PRO TIP: if you don’t have a lot of space, just work on one section at a time on a piece of craft paper.
TO CREATE THE PAINT VERSION:
- Dip your brush into the paint and add strokes of paint, or splatter if desired.
- If you want to add a little sparkle, dust some fine glitter corresponding to the paint color while it is still wet.
- Allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes, then move a little so it doesn’t stick to work surface.
- Shake of the excess glitter and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE GLITTER VERSION:
- Paint or splatter mod podge onto the tulle.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter wherever there is mod podge in desired colors.
- Allow to dry for about 10-15 minutes then move a little so it doesn’t stick to work surface.
- Shake of excess glitter and enjoy! PRO TIP: if you’ve added glitter to the skirt, it should be dry cleaned for care.