MATERIALS TO CREATE THE RUSTIC WOODLAND TABLESCAPE:
- 3-tiered serving stand with handle at the top
- Faux flocked pine sprigs
- Floral foam
- Wire cutters
- Wooden deer
- Faux cardinals
- Red mini ornaments
- Rattan basket
- Rattan basket White faux fur tree collar
- White tablecloth
- Red table throw or small tablecloth
- Flatware with wooden accents
- Wooden chargers
- 6” wide burlap ribbon
- Red and natural jute rope
MATERIALS TO CREATE THE ELEGANT NUTCRACKER TABLESCAPE:
- Unfinished wooden nutcrackers in various sizes
- Gold spray paint
- Circular galvanized bucket 1 large, 1 small
- White spray paint
- Masking tape
- Gold cording
- Round cake pads
- Crepe paper
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Pastel ornaments
- Gold sequin decorative cones
- Candy canes
- Glitter tulle ribbon
- Pink tulle ribbon
- White tablecloth
- Chiffon fabric in white
- Foam core
- X-acto knife
- Red paint
TO CREATE THE RUSTIC WOODLAND TABLESCAPE
1. In a workspace, begin to create the centerpiece tree by cutting up pieces of floral foam and placing them in the tiers of the tray.
2. Zip tie two pine sprigs together near the top. Then zip tie the sprigs to the handle.
3. Fill out the rest of your tree by cutting small branches off of the sprigs and shoving them into the floral foam until the tree looks full and luscious.
4. Attach the star to the top of the tree.
5. Now it’s time to dress the table! Place your tablecloth on your table then place the table throw on top.
6. In the center of the table, place the faux fur tree skirt.
7. Place the basket upside down in the middle of the table then place your tree on top. The basket adds nice height and texture.
8. Decorate the tree with the cardinals and mini ornaments.
9. Place the chargers and set your place settings complete with flatware, glasses and dishes.
10. Place the wooden deer on opposite sides of the tree.
11. Create your name cards and place a pinecone at the head of each setting, then wedge the card in the pinecone.
12. Fold your napkins and tie them up with a bow made of the red and natural jute rope.
13. Cut long lengths of the 6” width burlap ribbon and loop it over the top of your chairs, secure with a bow made of the red and natural jute rope.
14. Use the rope to tie a cute little collar on each deer and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE ELEGANT NUTCRACKER TABLESCAPE
1. Spray paint all of your nutcrackers gold. Allow them to dry.
2. To create the drums for the table, paint the entire bottom and top edge gold. Allow that to dry.
3. Tape off 3-4” above the bottom and below the top edge. Spray paint the center of the body white. Allow the paint to dry then remove the tape.
4. Glue gold cording on the gold trim in a zigzag fashion.
5. While those dry, create your chargers. Cut strips of crepe paper against the grain so it has stretch.
6. Glue the crepe paper around the edge of the cake pad in a pleated fashion. Pull the edges so that they frill. Glue a second layer on slightly closer to the center. Repeat until you have as many chargers as you need.
7. Now it’s time to start dressing the table.
8. Place your white tablecloth down. Then place your larger drum in the center of the table with the smaller drum on top.
9. Arrange your golden nutcrackers and gold glittery sequin cones.
10. Set the chargers and place settings, complete with flatware, glassware and dishes.
11. Decorate with the pastel ornaments around the table.
12. For each place setting, take two candy canes and tie them together with some ribbon, drop them on the plates.
13. Wrap the backs of the chairs in white chiffon fabric.
14. Use an x-acto knife to cut the candy cane chair accent out of foam core. Cut out a candy cane “x” shape for each chair you have. Paint the red stripes onto the candy canes.
15. Attach the candy cane chair accents to the chairs with tulle ribbon and enjoy!