Paige and Maria have teamed up to show us how to create the ultimate Holiday tablescapes.
DIY Holiday Tablescapes
Home Decor, Entertaining
MATERIALS TO CREATE THE RUSTIC WOODLAND TABLESCAPE:
- 3-tiered serving stand with handle at the top
- Faux flocked pine sprigs
- Floral foam
- Wire cutters
- Wooden deer
- Faux cardinals
- Red mini ornaments
- Rattan basket
- Rattan basket White faux fur tree collar
- White tablecloth
- Red table throw or small tablecloth
- Flatware with wooden accents
- Wooden chargers
- 6” wide burlap ribbon
- Red and natural jute rope
MATERIALS TO CREATE THE ELEGANT NUTCRACKER TABLESCAPE:
- Unfinished wooden nutcrackers in various sizes
- Gold spray paint
- Circular galvanized bucket 1 large, 1 small
- White spray paint
- Masking tape
- Gold cording
- Round cake pads
- Crepe paper
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Pastel ornaments
- Gold sequin decorative cones
- Candy canes
- Glitter tulle ribbon
- Pink tulle ribbon
- White tablecloth
- Chiffon fabric in white
- Foam core
- X-acto knife
- Red paint
TO CREATE THE RUSTIC WOODLAND TABLESCAPE
- In a workspace, begin to create the centerpiece tree by cutting up pieces of floral foam and placing them in the tiers of the tray.
- Zip tie two pine sprigs together near the top. Then zip tie the sprigs to the handle.
- Fill out the rest of your tree by cutting small branches off of the sprigs and shoving them into the floral foam until the tree looks full and luscious.
- Attach the star to the top of the tree.
- Now it’s time to dress the table! Place your tablecloth on your table then place the table throw on top.
- In the center of the table, place the faux fur tree skirt.
- Place the basket upside down in the middle of the table then place your tree on top. The basket adds nice height and texture.
- Decorate the tree with the cardinals and mini ornaments.
- Place the chargers and set your place settings complete with flatware, glasses and dishes.
- Place the wooden deer on opposite sides of the tree.
- Create your name cards and place a pinecone at the head of each setting, then wedge the card in the pinecone.
- Fold your napkins and tie them up with a bow made of the red and natural jute rope.
- Cut long lengths of the 6” width burlap ribbon and loop it over the top of your chairs, secure with a bow made of the red and natural jute rope.
- Use the rope to tie a cute little collar on each deer and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE ELEGANT NUTCRACKER TABLESCAPE
- Spray paint all of your nutcrackers gold. Allow them to dry.
- To create the drums for the table, paint the entire bottom and top edge gold. Allow that to dry.
- Tape off 3-4” above the bottom and below the top edge. Spray paint the center of the body white. Allow the paint to dry then remove the tape.
- Glue gold cording on the gold trim in a zigzag fashion.
- While those dry, create your chargers. Cut strips of crepe paper against the grain so it has stretch.
- Glue the crepe paper around the edge of the cake pad in a pleated fashion. Pull the edges so that they frill. Glue a second layer on slightly closer to the center. Repeat until you have as many chargers as you need.
- Now it’s time to start dressing the table.
- Place your white tablecloth down. Then place your larger drum in the center of the table with the smaller drum on top.
- Arrange your golden nutcrackers and gold glittery sequin cones.
- Set the chargers and place settings, complete with flatware, glassware and dishes.
- Decorate with the pastel ornaments around the table.
- For each place setting, take two candy canes and tie them together with some ribbon, drop them on the plates.
- Wrap the backs of the chairs in white chiffon fabric.
- Use an x-acto knife to cut the candy cane chair accent out of foam core. Cut out a candy cane “x” shape for each chair you have. Paint the red stripes onto the candy canes.
- Attach the candy cane chair accents to the chairs with tulle ribbon and enjoy!